hptax.gov.in e-registration for Dealers – Himachal Pradesh Taxation
e-Registration for Excise and Taxation Department, HPtax.gov.in
E-Registration is designed to enable the dealers to get themselves registered online. They need not go to the Excise and Taxation Department to be registered. This functionality’s architecture can be described as two separate units.
1) e-Registration ,hptax.gov.in
This module is designed to enable self Registration by the dealers. An Acknowledgement receipt is generated on successfull filing of all the required forms.
2) Track Your Status , hptax.gov.in
This functionality is designed so that the dealer can view his request form and also track the status of registration request made by him through the portal. By entering the Acknowledgement no. and Search Code provided in the Acknowledgement receipt , the Dealer can re-print the acknowledgement receipt and registration form uploaded by him on portal.
Starting with e – Registration
To start the application, do the following:
1. Click Internet Explorer icon. The browser appears.
2. Type the URL given below in the Address bar :
3. Once the web site is connected the Home page will appear
4. On the left hand corner of the home page there is an e-Registration link. Click on this link.
5. A new screen will open . Select the Tax Type you want to apply for and click on Submit.
6. A new screen will open . This screen displays the details required to be filled by the dealer to apply for new registration.
Templates for Registration can also be downloaded from here.
Downloading necessary Templates
1. To apply for registration dealer has to download the template from the website. It is advisable to always download the latest template for application. The user should have Microsoft Office Excel (version may be 97, 2000, 2003 or 2007) installed in the computer for this purpose.
2. On the Home Page, click on the download link to move to the download page.
3 Click on e-Registration Templates to go to the registration template download page.
4 Click on the download link next to the form name to download the template for the respective registration type. For eg. to download the template for VAT Registration Click on template for VAT Registration.
5 Click on Save to save the template in the system.
6 Template for VAT Registration.
Preparation for the Registration
1. After downloading requisite template, data can be entered in the template in following steps:
- Open the downloaded template and fill the template with appropriate data.
- Enter the data as per the colour shown in the background and as mentioned in the comments. The colour scheme used for templates are:
Light Turquoise => Only numbers is to be entered in the cell.
Light Green =>Select data from the displayed dropdown list only.
Pale Blue => Only alphabets is to be entered in the cell.
Tan => Only date is allowed to be entered in the cell.
Rose => Only alphanumeric values is to be entered in the cell.
The following table contains the name of the Template for the respective Registration types.
1. VAT Registration -VAT_Form_01.xls
2. CST Registration -CST_Form_A.xls
3. LT Registration -LT_Form_XII.xls
4. PGT Registration -PGT_Form_1.xls
5. CGCR Registration- CGCR_Form_T11.xls
6. Casual Dealer Registration- VAT_Form_08.xls
7. M&TP Registration(In Bond/Outside Bond)- MTP_Form_AL1.xls
8. M&TP Registration(Ayurvedic Practitioner)- MTP_Form_AL2.xls
9. M&TP Registration(Bonded Warehouse)- MTP_Form_AL3.xls
The process of filing and validating of all the templates of registration are same. Here the example of VAT_Form_01 is taken for reference.
1) Download VAT_Form_01.xls file and save it in your local machine.
2) Open using Microsoft Excel and fill the required details.
Following are the steps to save a .xls file:-
- Fill the template according to the comments and the background colour used.
- Click on validate button.
- If no errors are there a message box will appear.
- Click on Yes and you will get a dialog box
- Type a relevant name in File name and Click on Save button.
- You will get another dialog box
- An Upload file is generated which has to be uploaded for registration process.
- Click OK to confirm the process
Upload and submit the form
1. After downloading the templates please fill the templates
2. For uploading the filled template navigate to VAT Registration page again.
Fields are Firm Name , Applicant Name , Form Type , District Dropdown , Email Id , Select the downloaded filled template for
Registration form. The dealer can upload filled template in .xls format or zip format or upload file generated by validating the filled template.
3. After filling up the details as mentioned above click on the Browse button to select the generated upload file. Clicking the submit button will upload the file. After uploading the form details will be verified by the system and if they are found correct, system will give no error message otherwise list of error messages will be displayed.
4. On uploading the template, it will show you various status of the process running on the portal.
1) Uploading the file
2) Validating the data
5. Different status are shown while application is in process.
6. After validation if there is any error in data, then the error list showing the error message with the row number and sheet details will be displayed. Dealer needs to correct the data and upload the template again.
Note: The system will not allow submission/upload of registration sheet till the errors are corrected.
7. If there are no errors in the uploaded template you will find a submit button on the summary page.
8. Click on the submit button to save registration data.
9. On click of Submit, Acknowledgement Receipt will be generated and a screen will be displayed. Take a print out of this receipt for future use.
Track Your Application Status
1. The dealer can use the Track Your Application Status to view the current status of his registration.
2. As the Track Your Status page opens, the dealer can enter his Acknowledgement No. and Search Code mentioned in the Acknowledgement Receipt.
3. On entering the correct values, the dealer can view the status of the registration as well as his filled up registration form and also the dealer can generate a duplicate acknowledgement receipt.
4. On clicking on View Form the screen opens.
5. Click on Generate Duplicate Acknowledgement Receipt to generate duplicate acknowledgement receipt.
Source : hptax.gov.in